Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another venue obit...

Its only been around a decade, I think that I have been doing hipster/trashy travel, yet this is what can happen.
For Denton, TX, I had listed a joint called Ricks Place at 125 Avenue A-which I described as a Frat boy bar with good bands. Eventually it was sold and operated as the inferno, which had lots of hardcore bands.
That closed and it became known as "the drink on a" which lasted 3 years and closed to "unveil our new concept" which is now the Fry Street Public House, and is now off the hipster/trashy travel radar. Goodbye.

Also on the icky side, I had a joint in Houston called SPY listed at 112 Travis. Well, now the space is called TOC Bar and is celebrating its 11th anniversary and is way full of skeezy folks. http://www.myspace.com/tocbarhouston

No comments: